Open Table of Nashville is actively seeking a flexible term rental house so we may continue to minister to those in transition from homelessness to permanent housing. Our current transitional housing community is located in the former parsonage at Hobson United Methodist Church in East Nashville. Hobson House is a 5BR/2BA house which can accommodate up to 15 individuals. Our desired space would be large enough to accommodate at least 10 people, which is the number of people currently residing at the house. Our current lease is not up for renewal due to a property sale; it expires April 1st. If you believe you are in a position to partner with us in this ministry, please read below to find out more about us and our current needs.
• Because most of our residents do not have cars, we are looking to rent a house near/on an MTA bus line to facilitate transportation to jobs, services and appointments.
• The space should have at least 4 bedrooms, which could accommodate 2-3 individuals each (bunk beds have been used in the past; we currently use twin size beds). Ideally, we would have space to house a student/intern in a separate bedroom.
• Common living area. House meetings occur every week and are mandatory for every resident. The space should have common living areas large enough for all residents and staff/volunteers/visitors (about 18-20 people) to be comfortably present at the same time.
• Separate dining area. We often have visitors/volunteer groups who bring dinner to the residents; the ideal space would comfortably accommodate our residents and several others to facilitate group meals/fellowship.
• The kitchen should have ample storage/pantry space for residents to store their food. Open Table owns a refrigerator and stove.
• There should be at least two bathrooms. Preferably, these would not be attached to a bedroom.
• We permit residents with pets to bring their pets with them; residents are not permitted to acquire a new pet after they move in.
Note: while these are “minimum requirements,” we are open to being creative and discussing any potential options.