Surveyors returned and completed all pin & stake work. Completing retention pond, rain garden and storm pipe this week.
At back of pads is visible surge. They will cover with top soil and seed & straw.
We met with NES and our electrician onsite Friday to discuss design and timeline.
Also met with our concrete sub to go over details on pouring pads for a final quote.
Final water materials which we have been waiting for for two weeks arrived today and will be installed Saturday.
We have been waiting for surveyors to stake and pin storm/rain gardens/grading. Post Saturday work Bell cannot move forward until the surveyors have completed their work.
We are also working with Metro water for additional permits for stub ups so they don’t undermine the slabs. We will then meet onsite with Metro to get everyone involved and our work approved.
NES has finally accepted our application and are working on getting us an account so we can pay our deposit and move forward.
Finishing up majority of water/sewer.
Working with electrical engineer for amperage for NES.
Finished up with hammering and rock.
Connected storm by church.
Met with people from Habitat for Humanity to learn how they organize volunteers to build homes. We’re still working with NES and an electrician to complete total amperage and finalize an electric plan. We’re also getting UDA Construction Online set up and getting materials and labor organized
On site, we’re continuing water and sewer work, receiving and storing fill, and we received a big rock donation!
Finalized a design plan with NES for the micro home village.
Went over new app for tracking micro village finances. Discussed rearranging categories for vertical site work and initial site work.
Updated selections for the micro home village.
Started bringing dirt from Regent Homes site to GUMC. Have used an additional 5 loads of surge in excess of the original quote.
Surge was moved into the job site all week. Phase one is complete overall in terms of surge (rock that doesn’t exceed 18”) and phase 2 is still being filled this week.
We are also working on updating budget numbers and moving them to a new app that works with quickbooks.
Made initial deposit with rock company for surge purchase. Will start bringing in surge Monday, May 14th. Installed all 6” and 2” components on plan for sewer, water, man holes and hydrants. Laid Ductal pipe for sewer and covered with concrete.
We had a building committee meeting on Tuesday 5/1. The contractor came and spoke to us about the project and gave updates. He plans to be complete by 6/22/18.
Removal of debris previously excavated.|Meeting with Metro water to get design requirements for sewer. They will require ductile pipe and concrete for the new sewer line. Meeting with Geo Tech to get fill requirements. Moved/stored topsoil onsite.
Cutting into street to connect to underground utilities, had police present. Excavation of all areas requiring plumbing, sewer or hydrant lines. Still working with NES to get a design started.
April 16-20, 2018
Site work has started! On Tuesday, we are expecting some loud hammering that may last through the end of the week as progress on the village gets underway.
April 9-13, 2018
Building committee meeting. We reviewed the most recent quote for site work and listed exclusions and contacted subcontractors in those professions to see what a good ballpark figure would be for that type of work.
Discussed billing and communication and tax write offs. Bell, Inc. will be bringing in equipment on Monday and scrape topsoil just after to prep site for accepting dirt.
Spent rest of day Friday connecting with NES, Piedmont Gas, Port-o-John and creating introduction email with all sub contact info.
April 2-6, 2018
Reviewed a new bid for site work.
March 26-30, 2018
Meeting to discuss $ and volunteers for the micro home village.
Series of phone calls and emails regarding the quote for site work, its validity, and finding referrals for more quotes.
March 19-23, 2018
Printed copies of our quote the budget prepared last year in order to review and compare numbers. We discussed ways to lower the quote including material donations and grants.
March 12-16, 2018
Organizing next weeks Building Committee Meeting. We will be reviewing a site work quote from a company that would take us up to pad ready for the micro home units. As well as talking funding and catching up in general.
Followed up on conversations I have been having throughout the week regarding the site work quote for GUMC.
March 5-9, 2018
Scheduled HVAC and Electrician for 10am on Monday of next week to come to GUMC and inspect before we start the kitchen renovation.
Set up next Building Committee Meeting. Expecting a site work quote worked up soon. We would be starting work very quickly after approval.
February 26 – March 2, 2018
Working to get top soil scraped and dirt moved. Looks like we could be going sooner than we had hoped. Yay!
February 19-23, 2018
Talking with three subs about moving dirt from site. Create organizational chart for GUMC kitchen update.
Connected with Kitchen appliance repair company, they do all the things we need, yay! As soon as Ryan has things moved over they will come get all equipment working and kitchen us ready for inspection.
February 12-16, 2018
Community meeting, 6pm, GUMC
Met outside of Tuscaloosa at Auburn’s Rural Studio to learn their practices in creating affordable and sustainable housing. Made contact with banker who is charging minimal closing costs to get a 15 year mortgage on a $20 home down to $108 per month!!
February 5-9, 2018
Got another site where we can get dirt that’s closer to road and there is paved/gravel entrance. The dirt movers think that if we can get 4-5 dry days the dirt could be dry enough to move. Will need moving days to be dry as well.
Subcontractors are meeting on site with engineers on Monday 2/12 to clarify information.
February 2, 2018
On-site meeting with dirt movers and dirt donator. Both parties are worried about tracking dirt off of job sites, compaction rates and completing the job in one go. Confirming compaction of dirt requires a geotech and if dirt is wet or frozen it will not compact and we may load for two days and wait for two weeks to get compaction needed. Waiting for quotes. Delivery would be not be until May assuming the weather permits at that time.