Statistics & Handouts
- Statistics on Homelessness in Nashville handout
- How to Contact Your Local Elected Officials handout
- How a Bill Becomes a Law in Metro Council handout
- Open Table Nashville De-Escalation Guide
Videos & Films
- Tent City U.S.A. An account of the struggles of some of our friends ins Nashville’s homeless community and advocates to preserve their fragile encampment and right to rest
- Criminalization of Homelessness, Paul Boden of WRAP offers a brief history of laws that criminalize people who are homeless
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime, TED Talk by Nadine Burke Harris
- Wealth Inequality in America, 6 minute infographic video on perceived vs. actual wealth disparity in America
- Open Table Nashville’s YouTube channel, with videos from past trainings
- Toxic Charity: How the Church Hurts Those They Help and How to Reverse It, Robert Lupton
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City, Matthew Desmond
- Out of Place: Homeless Mobilizations, Subcities, and Contested Landscapes, Talmadge Wright
- Lost in Space: The Criminalization, Globalization, and Urban Ecology of Homelessness, Randall Amster
- Policing the Poor: From Slave Plantation to Public Housing, Neil Websdale
- The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Prison: Ideology, Class, and Criminal Justice, Jeffrey Reiman & Paul Leighton
- Beyond Homelessness: Christian Faith in a Culture of Displacement, Steven Bouma-Prediger & Brain J. Walsh
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander
- No Trespassing: Squatting, Rent Strikes, and Land Struggles Worldwide, Ander Corr
- The Right to the City: Social Justice and the Fight for Public Space, Don Mitchell
- Rebel Cities: From the Right to the City to Urban Revolution, David Harvey
- Souls in the Hands of a Tender God: Stories for the Search for Home and Healing on the Streets, Craig Rennebohm
- Reckoning with Homelessness, Kim Hopper
- Bury the Dead: Stories of Death and Dying, Resistance & Discipleship, Edited by Laurel Dykstra
- The Politics of Jesus: Rediscovering the True Revolutionary Nature of Jesus’ Teachings and How They Have Been Corrupted, Obery M. Henricks, Jr.
- Blessed Relief: what Christians can learn from Buddhists about Suffering, Gordon Peerman
- No Rising Tide: Theology, Economics, and the Future, Joerg Rieger
- A People’s History of the United States, Howard Zinn
- Outreach to People Experiencing Homelessness, the best guide available to the practice of street outreach, written by the deeply experienced, thoughtful, and caring Ken Kraybill.
- No Safe Place, the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty’s guide to fighting the criminalization of the marginalized along with their advocacy manual.
- Equitable Development: Promising Practices to Maximize Affordability and Minimize Displacement in Nashville’s Urban Core, a 2015 study on development, gentrification, and affordable housing by Jim Fraser and other Peabody researchers.
- The 100,000 Homes Campaign: Cost Savings Assessment Summary: Analysis by Liana Downey & Associates suggests Community Solutions’ 100,000 Homes Campaign will save the US Federal Government approximately $1.3 billion dollars a year. This equates to an average savings of $13,000 per person housed. For every year these people stay housed, the government saves another $1.3 billion.
- Where We Sleep: Cost When Homeless and Housed in Los Angeles: Underwritten through the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority by the County of Los Angeles, City of Los Angeles, Corporation for Supportive Housing, The California Endowment, and the Economic Roundtable.